- Getting Started with Tumor Registry - This training module is suitable for cancer reporting staff with less than two years experience. The video content contains in-depth discussions about cancer as a disease, reporting requirements, and casefinding techniques.
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR) Resources and Training Programs for Cancer Registrars
NAACCR Webinar Series
The Alabama Statewide Cancer Registry (ASCR) is pleased to provide access to recorded versions of these webinars at no cost for registrars who abstract cases reported directly to ASCR. The instructions for viewing the webinars can be found here. Please contact Kandice Abernathy if you have questions about upcoming webinars. The following is a list of upcoming webinar topics:
- March 2019 - Boot Camp
- April 2019 - Collecting Cancer Data: Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasms
- May 2019 - Collecting Cancer Data: Neuroendocrine Tumors
- June 2019 - Collecting Cancer Data: Ovary
- July 2019 - Hospital Cancer Registry Operations
- August 2019 - Solid Tumor Rules
- September 2019 - Coding Pitfalls
Other Training Resources
- National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR) Training Page
- Florida Cancer Data System Training Page
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Cancer Registry Management
The Cancer Registry Management program is designed for those interested in entering the cancer registry profession.
- National Cancer Registrars Association Center (NCRA) for Cancer Registry Education
- SEER*Educate Modules
This comprehensive training platform is tailored specifically for cancer registry professionals to improve technical skills through applied testing on the latest coding guidelines and concepts.
Page last updated: March 21, 2019