School Entry Survey
The School Entry Survey measures the number of up-to-date Certificates of Immunization (COI). All children in Alabama are required to have an up-to-date COI on file in their present school. Each school may be visited by a public health representative every four years for education and consultation.The School Entry Survey is conducted September through October each year.
2018-2019 School Entry Survey Documents and Link
- School Entry Survey Instructions
- Submit School Entry Survey Online
- Letter to Principals and Headmasters
- Sample Parent Letter
- Immunization Area Compliance Consultants Contact Map
- Steps to Assigning Students in ImmPRINT (for School Nurses)
Public School Entry Survey Instructions
ADPH's plan is to transition away from the electronic survey on the Website and strictly use ImmPRINT for the annual survey, but in order to do this all schools will have to assign all students, including exemptions, and enter all doses not in ImmPRINT. Until then, please follow the instructions listed below.
- All schools must complete the demographics page 1 in the electronic survey above.
- For those schools who have assigned all students, exemptions, and entered all doses not in ImmPRINT, you only need to complete the demographic page and click to 3rd page to "Submit".
- For those schools who have not assigned all students, exemptions, and entered all doses are not in ImmPRINT, complete the demographic page 2, and "Submit" on page 3.
- At the July 2016 ALSDE Mega Conference, it was said "if you are entering doses into ImmPRINT, you no longer have to enter them in INOW."
School Entry Survey Results
Page last updated: August 29, 2018