The mission of the Bureau of Communicable Disease (BCD) is to prevent and control designated communicable diseases and illness in Alabama. BCD consists of the following divisions:
- Infectious Diseases & Outbreaks
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Effective 12/31/14, the Notifiable Disease Rules (Chapter 420-4-1) have been updated, please review to ensure you comply with them. A Synopsis of the Rules Revisions is available for easy reference
- Notifiable disease reporters can request the free on-site DETECT, TEST and REPORT CEU Program to learn about state notifiable disease rules and assist in determining Alabama's true disease burden.
- CDC offers free CE for their Clinician Outreach Communication Activity (COCA) Conference Call.
Report Infectious Diseases
To report a 4-hour "presumptive" infectious disease, call 1-800-338-8374.
To report a 24-hour "presumptive" or 5-day standard disease, complete the appropriate online report card:
Page last updated: July 13, 2017