The Cardiovascular Health (CVH) Program's mission is to provide leadership in the state of Alabama to prevent death and disability from heart disease and stroke, eliminate disparities in health and health care, and work with its many partners to fully implement a plan focusing on policy and system changes in the worksite, healthcare, and community settings.
The CVH Program will focus on the following priorities as it works toward the goal of better heart health in Alabama:
1. Addressing control of high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol in adults.
2. Increasing knowledge of signs and symptoms for heart disease and stroke and the importance of calling 9-1-1.
3. Improving emergency response.
4. Improving quality of heart disease and stroke care.
5. Eliminating disparities.
6. Focusing on healthcare and worksite setting.
Page last updated: March 28, 2017