Varicella (Chickenpox) Information
The CDC provides answers to frequently asked questions about Varicella, including the following:
- What is varicella (chickenpox)?
- How do you get chickenpox?
- Can you get chickenpox if you've been vaccinated?
- What is the chickenpox illness like?
- What are the serious complications from chickenpox?
- Can a healthy person who gets varicella die from the disease?
- Can chickenpox be prevented?
- Can you get chickenpox more than once?
- Chickenpox in children is usually not serious. Why not let children get the disease?
- Varicella and Breakthrough Varicella presentation
- Varicella & Shingles: Overview of VZV Disease and Vaccination for Healthcare Providers presentation
- Varicella Vaccine Information Statement
Page last updated: April 26, 2017