Each year in the United States, one in every three adults over 65 years of age sustains a fall. This is the most common cause of injury and hospital admission for trauma among older Americans. In fact, older adults are hospitalized for fall-related injuries five times more often than for injuries of all other causes.
- AARP: What You Can Do to Prevent a Fall
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: Guidelines for Prevention Falls
- National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health: Falls in the Workplace
- National Fire Protection Association: A Fire & Falls Prevention Program for Older Adults
- Safe Kids Worldwide: Falls-Related Safety Tips
Page last updated: August 31, 2017