The In-Home Bio-Monitoring Program combines resources from ADPH Home Care, the Alabama Medicaid Agency and the University of South Alabama to provide an in-home monitoring service for specific chronic illnesses.
Medicaid Patient 1st patients who have congestive heart failure, diabetes, and/or hypertension may qualify for the in- home monitoring program. The Patient 1st provider will determine if the patient needs daily monitoring and will provide the orders for the patients to be admitted to the In-Home Bio-Monitoring Program.
Potential Benefits for Patients
- Potential for improved outcomes
- Lowered healthcare-related expenses
- Improved compliance with provider's plan of care
- Education and reinforcement of healthy behavior changes
- Increased satisfaction with care
Bio-monitoring services are provided under Alabama Medicaid Patient 1st for patients who:
- Meet admission criteria
- Have a Patient 1st provider who will provide the orders for the In-Home Bio-Monitoring Program
Please contact Laura Walker, RN, Bio-Monitoring Nurse Care Manager at (256) 301-6720. The fax number is (256) 584-6594.
Page last updated: November 13, 2017