The Center for Emergency Preparedness Pandemic Influenza (PI) Unit has a responsibility to ensure pandemic education, planning, and preparedness for individuals, organizations, and communities while providing for the emergency medical needs of the population. For influenza recommendations and surveillance information, visit Influenza Surveillance.
- COOP10 - Continuity of Operations Plan
A Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) is designed to ensure your organization's essential services continue, assets are protected, and rapid recovery after an emergency event. The COOP process is a journey, not a destination. ADPH, in collaboration with the Alabama Emergency Management Agency and the The University of Alabama at Birmingham, has created resources to assist agencies in accomplishing this directive. This collaboration resulted in Alabama's COOP10 Plan.
The COOP10 Plan contains information and resources to assist in creating a pandemic influenza and all-hazard plan that will comply with Governor Bob Riley's COOP Directive signed on April 10, 2009. For the latest information, contact Rita Maynard.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Notices
- Interim Pre-Pandemic Planning Guidance: Community Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Mitigation in the United States - Early, Targeted, Layered Use of Nonpharmaceutical Interventions (10 MB)
- Pandemic Flu Resources
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Guidance Preparing the Workplace for an Influenza Pandemic
- OSHA Pandemic Influenza Preparedness and Response Guidance for Healthcare Workers and Healthcare Employers
- The Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act (S. 3678)
Page last updated: September 7, 2017