Database and Dispenser Guides
To obtain instructions on how to use the controlled substance database, visit the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program's (PDMP) website or select the appropriate training guide below.
The Implementation Guides serve as resources to assist dispensers with reporting controlled substances (Schedules II, III, IV, and V) to the prescription drug monitoring database.
All licensed dispensers must electronically transmit Schedule II through V controlled substances data to the PDMP controlled substance database daily. In the event that electronic transmission of data is not feasible, a Universal Claim Form (UCF) Waiver (link below) must be submitted to the Alabama Department of Public Health.
- PMP AWARxE Data Submission Dispenser Guide Version 1.5 Effective December 12, 2017
- Universal Claim Form (UCF) Waiver
- National Drug Code Directory
- Alabama Official Controlled Substances List
Quick Reference Guides
- How to Register with AL PDMP AWARxE
- How to Run a Patient Request in PDMP AWARxE
- How to Run a Bulk Patient Search in PDMP AWARxE
For additional information, please contact the PDMP technical support desk at 855-925-4767.
Page last updated: September 20, 2018