Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 Training Information
The training content offers the most up-to-date information about the MDS 3.0 assessment tool. It is designed for nurses and focuses on the resident's clinical assessment. Other key facility's staff that completes any portion of the MDS are welcome to attend.
This MDS training program is approved for CEU credits by the Alabama Board of Nursing (ABN). The ABN approved the Alabama Department of Public Health/Division of Healthcare Facilities as a continuing educational provider for nurses(ABNP0180-Expires 6/16/2017) and Social Workers ABSWE (Alabama Board of Social Work Examiner - Approved Provider #0009). The awarding of CEU is dependent on full course attendance. All other disciplines will receive a certificate of completion.
The one-day update program will consist of discussions of the revisions and changes made to the MDS assessment tool and manual.
The two-day training program is basic information for new MDS Coordinators with less than 6-8 months of experience. The training objectives include:
- Describing the intent and coding requirements of each MDS sections A-Z.
- Discussing the MDS assessment types and schedules.
- Identifying healthcare provider's role in discharge planning.
- Describing the Care Area Assessments and Care Planning process.
- Summarizing how to Correct and Submit Assessment
MDS 3.0 Training
Please select your preferred training date(s). Registration form must be received no later than two (2) weeks prior to each class dates. Complete one registration form per participant.
Registration begins at 8:15 a.m.
Training Program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Lunch is on your own
Training Dates for 2016
- February 17 - 18: Nursing Home Providers
- May 18 - 19: Swing Bed Providers
- Aug 17 - 18: Nursing Home Providers
- Nov 9: Update Training for Nursing Home Providers
- Nov 10: Update Training for Swing Bed Providers
The location of the training sites are:
The RSA Tower, Room 982 (9th Floor Training Room)
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Download the following documents for more MDS training class information.
Hotels, Directions and Parking: The RSA Towers
Return to MDS for more information.
Page last updated: July 6, 2017