Health Career Resources
- Alabama Health Careers is a comprehensive site providing information on health professions and scholarships offered through Alabama hospitals.
- The Rural Health Leadership Program from the University of Alabama's College of Community Health Sciences (CCHS) offers a review of Alabama's rural health programs, including the Rural Health Scholars Program, the Minority Rural Health Pipeline Program and the Rural Medical Scholars Program. Contact information and program descriptions are available for students interested in pursuing a career in a medical health profession.
- The Rural Medicine Program (RMP) is a jointly sponsored program between the University of Alabama School of Medicine (UASOM) and Auburn University's College of Sciences and Mathematics (COSAM).
- Summer Scrubs is an intensive career exploration opportunity for rising 9th and 10th grade students in Mobile and Baldwin counties who are considering careers in healthcare.
- from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) provides information on UAB's summer science camps for middle and high school students.
- University of South Alabama (USA) provides information on USA's summer programs.
- United States Department of Education provides college information.
- ExploreHealthCareers.org provides a Career Explorer section that covers an extensive number of health care professions.
- The National Institutes of Health's Office of Science Education offers information on health and medical science careers.
- The American Dental Education Association provides a resource for exploring dental schools and careers.
- UAB's Huntsville Rural Pre-Med Internship Program is an eight-week summer program for pre-medical students interested in serving in a rural community. The application for this program is available online.
- Tuskegee Area Health Education Center (TAHEC) provides the Health College Connection Summer Program for minority and disadvantaged high school students interested in healthcare careers.
Page last updated: August 30, 2018