For more information about any environmental services, call the St. Clair County Health Department at 205-338-3357, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Food Service Sanitation
The Environmental Health Division is responsible for the permitting and inspection of all food service establishments located within St. Clair County, Alabama.
Establishment Inspection Scores
Inspection scores reflect compliance with minimum health standards only at the time of the inspection. Scores are based on a 100-point scale.
Establishments with a score of 95 or above are inspected a minimum of once every 180 days. Establishments with a score of 85 to 94 are inspected a minimum of once every 120 days. Establishments with a score below 85 are inspected at least every 60 days. A score between 60 and 70 requires immediate corrective action within 48 hours. If a restaurant scores below 60, it is closed immediately until it can attain a score of 85 or better. Establishments with critical violations (critical items are marked in red on the food service report sheet) that cannot be corrected at the time of inspection are re-inspected within 10 days.
- Public Health Nuisance Complaint Investigations
- Hotel, Public Pool, Jail, and Body Art Inspections
- Land Applications, Inspections, and Permits
- Small and Large Flow Development Permits
- Onsite Sewage Applications and Permits
- Septic Tank and Grease Trap Permits
- Private Well Water Testing
- Solid Waste Facilities and Vehicle Applications and Permits
- Sewage Tank Manufacturer Permits
- Septic Tank Pumper Inspections and Permits
- Vector and Rabies Control
Page last updated: April 11, 2017