Healthcare Coverage Is Important
Children need to be healthy to reach their full potential. To stay healthy, children need to have regular checkups, vision and dental care, and get medical attention if they get sick or injured. By preventing serious illnesses, overall family health costs will be lower, and when your child does need to go to the doctor you can afford to take them.
Children who have healthcare coverage have a better chance of being healthy and are less likely to miss school because they are sick. By helping them go to school every day ready to learn, you can help boost your child's performance in school today and in the future.
Healthcare Coverage Facts
Children with healthcare coverage are more likely to:
- Stay healthier with regular checkups.
- Get needed immunizations.
- Get medical care early so a small illness doesn't turn in to a big one.
- Miss fewer school days due to illness.
Teens with healthcare coverage are able to get:
- Skin care (a doctor can usually cure acne).
- School physicals for sports.
- Physical therapy if they get injured
With ALL Kids, parents are able to:
- Select a doctor they trust for their children.
- Stop worrying about how to pay for medical bills.
- Miss fewer work days due to a child's illness.
Page last updated: March 15, 2017