Center for Health Statistics
The Center for Health Statistics collects and tabulates health-related statistical data and operates the vital records system for the State of Alabama.
The Statistical Analysis Division in the Center for Health Statistics conducts studies and provides analysis of health data for public health policy and surveillance. Staff
The Statistical Query System is available for creating tables and showing frequencies of Alabama resident births and deaths.
The Center also files, stores, and issues certified copies of vital records including birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates for events that occur in Alabama. For more information on birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates, visit Vital Records.
Starting May 1, 2017, the direct links for the following reports will be removed from the section menu:
4. County Data
To locate these reports, please visit Publications. Reports 1-3 are available at “Alabama Vital Statistics” and report 4 (County Data) is available at "County Health Profiles." Should you need further assistance, please call us at (334) 206-5429.
- Infant Mortality, 2016
- Total Resident Infant Deaths and Infant Mortality Rates by County, 2014-2016
- Total White Resident Infant Deaths and Infant Mortality Rates by County, 2014-2016
- Total Black and Other Resident Infant Deaths and Infant Mortality Rates by County, 2014-2016
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy Occurring in Alabama, 2016
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy for Residents of Alabama, 2016
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy by Facility and Termination Procedure, Alabama, 2016
- Induced Terminations of Pregnancy by Facility and Probable Postfertilization Age, Alabama, 2016
- County Health Profiles, 2015
- Alabama Vital Statistics, 2015
- 113 Causes of Death by County of Residence,
Raceand Sex, 2015
- Alabama Vital Statistics At a Glance, 2015
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) Surveillance Report, 2013
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) Surveillance Report, 2012
- Selected Maternal and Child Health Statistics, 2013 (1.4 MB)
- PRAMS Unintended Pregnancies in Alabama Fact Sheet, 2009-2011
Page last updated: November 16, 2017