The Houston County Health Department offers clinical, environmental, and home health services to the public.
Certified copies of birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates may be obtained from the health department.
2015 Annual Report
The Houston County Health Department conducted more than 9,000 home care visits in 2015. For details on this and other public health accomplishments and initiatives, see the 2015 Houston County Health Department Annual Report.
Bio Monitoring for Chronic Disease Management
People using Medicaid as their sole source of health insurance and with one of the following conditions are eligible for Bio Monitoring Case Management:
- Congestive Heart Failure
Depending on your diagnosis, you could receive free monitoring equipment such as a glucometer, blood pressure monitor and/or a set of weight monitoring scales. A Registered Nurse will work with you and your doctor to achieve improved outcomes for your chronic disease. If you would like to participate in the program at no cost to you, or you would like information about this program, contact Lynn Goodson, RN, at (334) 678-2805 or 1-866-813-7636.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
The Alabama Department of Public Health is asking patients of our county health departments to complete a customer satisfaction survey. ADPH cares about what you think of the services we provide. We value your feedback and look forward to receiving your ratings and comments.
Health Department Services
- Clinical - information on services offered by our health clinics
- Environmental - information on environmental health services for residents of the City of Dothan and of Houston County
- Home Care - information on home health offered to Houston, Henry, and Dale Counties
- Vital Records - obtain birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates
- Adult Day Care - information about senior services
- Pandemic Influenza Planning and Preparedness - resources and planning documents
Houston County Health Department
1781 East Cottonwood Road
Dothan, Alabama 36301
Main Switchboard: (334) 678-2800
Email the Houston County Health Department
Page last updated: June 26, 2017