Children younger than 16 should not ride on an Adult ATV. They are twice as likely to be injured while riding an Adult ATV than a Youth ATV. By following these key safety tips, hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries related to ATVs could be prevented.
- Ride an ATV that is right for your age
- Always wear a helmet
- Stay off paved roads and avoid unfamiliar terrain
- Supervise riders younger than 16
- Never carry a passenger on a single-rider ATV
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs
For more information on ATV safety, visit the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Page last updated: March 29, 2018