Hazards and Disasters
Many types of disasters can create public health problems - weather, chemical, radiological, and biological.
Injury or illness can occur as a direct result of the event or as a result of people trying to cope with the event.
Be Ready For An Emergency
Five Important Things To Do:
1. Stay Informed
2. Learn about basic injury and disease prevention
3. Look for the most current information on emergency preparedness
4. Create a family preparedness plan and emergency supply kit
5. Become familiar with the emergency plans of your community
For more information see Alabama Department of Public Health's booklet: ARE YOU READY? (7MB)
Ready Campaign Public Service Announcement
Below are some communication toosl you can use to help your family during a disaster or emergency:
- FEMA Child Plan - A list of number to help your child
- FEMA Adult Plan - A communication plan for your family
Page last updated: January 22, 2019