Southeastern District HIV Prevention Network Group
The network meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the following location:
Houston County Health Department
Auditorium Conference Center
1781 East Cottonwood Road
Dothan, Alabama 36301
Please contact Delia Reynolds at (334) 678-5945 to confirm times and locations prior to attending. The times for meetings and events are subject to change at the coordinator's discretion.
- March 27
- May 22
- July 24
- September 25
- November 20
- A goal is to increase HIV awareness education and related topics in the community primarily through education presentations. Presentations can be conducted by Red Cross certified HIV Instructors. Groups can be small or large during work or early evening hours.
- A goal is to conduct focus groups and student activities, gathering information from high-risk or at-risk groups to ascertain HIV awareness, and prevention knowledge.
- A goal is to conduct HIV prevention outreach activities in the community including health fairs, safer sex kits, information distribution, and individual contact.
- A goal is to provide secondary prevention education and information.
- A goal is to work with other agencies and organizations to refer HIV infected individuals into care and to promote a long life and optimal health.
- A goal is to provide HIV and STD testing and referral offered through the Health Department and Medical AIDS Outreach.
Page last updated: February 9, 2018