West Central District HIV Prevention Network Group
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Community Health Fair, 1st or 2nd Saturday in February
- National Sexual Responsibility Week
Collaborate with student services at colleges
- National Women and Girls HIV Awareness Day
Women's organization collaboration and testing
- Brazos Abiertos Open Door Latino Festival
April 21 or 28
Free resources and health screening
- National HIV Testing Day
- HIV Update: July or August
Educational Conference with free contact hours
- National Latino HIV/AIDS Day
Health Fair and HIV testing
- World AIDS Day
Collaboration with West Alabama AIDS Outreach and Hope Clinic
- HIV and Corrections
Prevention education and pre-release classes
Meetings are held at 2 p.m. at the Tuscaloosa County Health Department in the Home Health Conference Room on the 2nd floor.
- January 16, 2019
- March 20, 2019
- May 15, 2019
- July 17, 2019
- September 18, 2019
- November 20, 2019
- Our goal is to increase HIV awareness education and related topics in the community primarily through prevention education presentations. Presentations can be conducted by HIV Prevention Educators. Groups can be small or large during work or early evening hours.
- Our goal is to conduct focus groups and student activities, gathering information from high-risk or at-risk groups to ascertain HIV awareness and prevention knowledge.
- Our goal is to conduct HIV prevention outreach activities in the community including health fairs, safer sex kits, information distribution, and individual contact.
- Our goal is to provide secondary prevention education and information.
- Our goal is to work with other agencies and organizations to refer HIV infected individuals into care and to promote a long life and optimal health.
- Our goal is to provide HIV and STD testing and referral offered through the Health Department, Whatley Health Services Inc., and West Alabama AIDS Outreach.
Page last updated: December 14, 2018