Ordering Radon Test Kits
- Complete this form to request a free radon testing kit from the Alabama Department of Public Health. Note: Kits are for Alabama residents only. Please only order one per household. Your kit will arrive within two weeks of us receiving your request. AccuStar must receive test devices within 8 days after you complete the test. Your test results will be invalid if they are received more than 8 days after you complete the test.
- The National Radon Program Services also offer radon test kits for purchase by homeowners. Visit National Radon Program Services to order a radon test kit through this program.
EPA Testing Recommendations for Alabama
In some types of terrain, radon testing can require special consideration. One such case is in areas of karst geology. Karst is a broad term used by geologists for features where portions of rock have been dissolved away by water. Although karst is found in many areas of the United States, Alabama, particularly north Alabama, has many of these geologic formations. Radon levels can be extremely variable in these areas. Therefore, in order to provide the correct testing guidance, one must determine whether they live in an area affected by this geologic condition.
- Alabama Testing Instructions for Karst Areas
- Alabama Testing Instructions for Non-Karst Areas
- Non-Real Estate
- Real Estate
HUD Radon Testing Recommendations
- HUD Radon Fact Sheet
- Radon Gas and Mold Notice and Release Agreement (June 2004)
- HUD News Release (May 20, 2004)
- HUD Letter to FHA Loan Mortgages
- HUD Home Inspection Form
Real Estate Transactions
Real estate transactions usually require quicker results, so a different set of rules pertain to testing for radon in real estate.
Radon Supply Companies
- AccuStar Labs
- AirChek, Inc.
- Femto-Tech, Inc.
- Infiltec Inc.
- Professional Discount Supply
- Radalink, Inc.
- Radon Control Inc. (RCI)
- Radon Supplies NA
- Radon Survey Systems, Inc.
- Radon Testing Corporation of America
Page last updated: August 2, 2017