For more information about any environmental services, call the Randolph County Health Department at (334) 863-8981, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Food Service Sanitation
The Environmental Health Division is responsible for the permitting and inspection of all food service establishments located within Randolph County, Alabama.
Establishment Inspection Scores
Inspection scores reflect compliance with minimum health standards only at the time of the inspection. Scores are based on a 100-point scale.
Establishments with a score of 85 or above are inspected a minimum of once every 120 days. Establishments with a score below 85 are inspected at least every 60 days. A score between 60 and 70 requires immediate corrective action within 48 hours. If a restaurant scores below 60, it is closed immediately until it can attain a score of 85 or better. Establishments with critical violations (critical items are marked in red on the food service report sheet) that cannot be corrected at the time of inspection are re-inspected within 10 days.
Search for your favorite restaurant's recent inspection score using the Food Establishment Scores website.
Other Environmental Services
- Public Health Nuisance Complaint Investigation
- Hotel, Public Pool, Jail, and Body Art Inspections
- Land Applications, Inspections, and Permits
- Small and Large Flow Development Permits
- Onsite Sewage, Septic Tanks, and Grease Traps - Applications and Permits
- Private Well Water Testing
- Solid Waste Facilities and Vehicles - Applications and Permits
- Sewage Tank Manufacturers' Permits
- Septic Tank Pumpers - Inspections and Permits
- Vector Control and Rabies Control
Page last updated: April 11, 2017