Bureau of Communicable Disease
The mission of the Bureau of Communicable Disease (BCD) is to prevent and control designated communicable diseases and illness in Alabama. BCD consists of the following divisions:
- Infectious Diseases & Outbreaks
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
Measles 2015: What We Need to Know video, presented by Dr. Karen Landers, ADPH Assistant State Health Officer
ADPH sent a Measles Reporting and Testing ALERT to primary care physicians statewide
Measles vaccines are highly effective in preventing the disease (News Release)
- Effective 12/31/14, the Notifiable Disease Rules (Chapter 420-4-1) have been updated, please review to ensure you comply with them. A Synopsis of the Rules Revisions is available for easy reference
- Notifiable disease reporters can request the free on-site DETECT, TEST and REPORT CEU Program to learn about state notifiable disease rules and assist in determining Alabama's true disease burden.
- CDC offers free CE for their Clinician Outreach Communication Activity (COCA) Conference Call.
Page last updated: June 27, 2017