Code of Alabama 1975 Section 22-18-5
(a) There shall be an advisory board of 25 members to assist in the establishment of rules, regulations and standards necessary to carry out the provisions of this article. The board shall meet at least once each year and at the call of the State Health Officer. The State Health Officer shall be an ex officio member of the advisory board. The advisory board shall elect one from its membership to serve as chair for a two-year term. The chair shall not serve consecutive terms.
(b) Composition of the advisory board shall be:
(1) One member designated by the Alabama Ambulance Association.
(2) One member designated by the Alabama Association of Rescue Squads.
(3) One member designated by the Alabama Hospital Association.
(4) One member designated by the State Committee on Trauma, American College of Surgeons.
(5) One member designated by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama.
(6) One member designated by the Director of Public Safety.
(7) One member designated by the Director of the State Department of Transportation.
(8) One member designated by the Department of Economic and Community Affairs, Highway Traffic and Safety Program.
(9) State Health Officer, as ex officio member with voting privileges.
(10) One member who shall be a paramedic firefighter designated by the Professional Firefighters Association of Alabama.
(11) One member who shall be an EMT firefighter designated by the Alabama Association of Volunteer Fire Departments.
(12) One member designated by the Alabama Association of Fire Chiefs.
(13) Two members designated by the Alabama Council on EMS to represent the designated regional EMS agencies.
(14) One member designated by the State Committee of Public Health.
(15) One member designated by the Alabama Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians.
(16) One member designated by the Alabama Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
(17) One member from a state approved paramedic training school designated by the Alabama Emergency Medical Services Education Committee.
(18) One member who shall be an EMT designated by the professional EMT association if a professional EMT association is designated by the Board of Health or pursuant to other procedure established by law.
(19) One member designated by the Alabama Chapter of the Emergency Nurses Association.
(20) One member designated by the Alabama League of Municipalities.
(21) One member designated by the Association of County Commissions of Alabama.
(22) One member designated by the Alabama Emergency Management Council.
(23) One member designated by the Alabama State Nurses' Association.
(24) One member designated by the Alabama Firefighters Association.
(25) One member designated by the Alabama Society of Hospital Pharmacists.
(c) Each representative shall serve for a period of four years or until his successor is appointed, whichever is sooner.
(d) Each ex officio member's term will be indefinite. In the case of vacancy, the new appointee shall serve for the remainder of the unexpired term. Any vacancy shall be filled by the original organization selecting said member. Members of the advisory board shall serve without compensation but shall be entitled to reimbursement for expenses incurred in the performance of the duties of their office as provided in Article 2 of Chapter 7 of Title 36 of this code.
(e) With the consent of the majority of the members of the advisory board, the chair shall set requirements for proxy representation, voting, and the establishment of a quorum.
(Acts 1971, No. 1590, p. 2717, §4; Acts 1995, No. 95-276, p. 488, §1.)
Page last updated: April 13, 2017