The Jessica Elkins Act (SB0075, Act #2014-274) requires local school systems to provide meningococcal disease and vaccine information to parents of sixth through twelfth grade students. View the Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine Flyer to learn more.
CDC General Meningococcal Information provides answers to frequently asked questions, including the following:
- What is meningitis?
- What are the signs and symptoms of meningitis?
- How is meningitis diagnosed?
- Can meningitis be treated?
- Is meningitis contagious?
- Are there vaccines against meningitis?
The CDC created this Vaccine Information Statement (Meningococcal) with more information about the disease and its vaccine.
Page last updated: September 19, 2017