Wellness is more than "absence from disease." True wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence. ADPH promotes wellness for employees through the following programs:
- iChoices Wellness Program (Incentive Based Wellness Activities, Walking Club)
- Employee Assistance Program
- SEIB Wellness Schedule (Health Screenings and Flu Shots)
- State Wellness Center and Pharmacy
Visit the following program websites for more information about chronic disease:
- Asthma, specifically Living With Asthma.
- Arthritis, specifically Taking Care of Yourself.
- Cancer, specifically Data and Resources.
- Diabetes, specifically Are you at risk? Take the test.
- Cardiovascular Health, specifically High Blood Pressure. Check your blood pressure in Suite 1010.
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Tobacco Prevention and Control, specifically Alabama Tobacco Quitline.
- Benefits of Moving at Work
- Healthy Campus Toolkit - This guidance will assist each health department facility in promoting healthy behaviors.
The Nutrition and Physical Activity Division is dedicated to helping Alabama's citizens learn how to incorporate healthy choices in every aspect of their lives. From holidays to meetings, from what you eat and drink to how often you get out of your seat, these Healthy Lifestyle Tips will help you make good decisions that will positively impact your health and the health of those you love.
Page last updated: July 19, 2018