The Immunization Division's goal is to increase immunization rates and reduce vaccine preventable diseases.

The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), Immunization Division (IMM); Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP); and the American College Health Association (ACHA) recommends that it is better and safer, in most cases, to vaccinate or revaccinate instead of titer testing. See ACHA Guidelines - Recommendations for Immunizations for more information.

In addition, ADPH and CDC encourages all colleges to consider utilizing Alabama’s immunization registry, Immunization Patient Resources with Integrated Technology (ImmPRINT), to access all vaccine histories for all students.

See our ImmPRINT Vaccine Coverage Rate Report flyer for information about comparing your practice's immunization coverage rate to that of the state and all providers in your county.

To contact your local Immunization Compliance Manager (ICM), please view our ICM map to obtain the contact information.

Bacterial Meningitis and the Meningococcal Vaccine

About 10% of people with Meningitis will die, sometimes within 24 hours. Survivors may have brain damage, loss of limbs, and hearing loss. There are two types of Meningococcal vaccines recommended for preteens and teenagers. Learn more.

HPV and Hep B - Cancer Prevention Vaccines

You have the power to prevent some cancers in your children. There are two cancer-prevention vaccines available for your children, HPV vaccine and Hepatitis B vaccine. Learn more.

HPV Vaccine Facts for Parents

Take a Shot at Cancer

Vaccine Preventable Disease Information

Please select which disease below you would like to view:

Report Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs)

Immunization Record Information

  • If you need your immunization record or Certificate of Immunization (COI), please contact the provider or county health department who administered your vaccines, or ask your current provider if they have access to Alabama's immunization registry, ImmPRINT, to locate your record.
  • A Certificate of Religious Exemption can only be issued by a county health department. The parent or legal guardian must submit a written objection and receive education on the consequences of not immunizing their child.
  • To make an immunization appointment, please contact your healthcare provider or county health department.
  • Parents and guardians should ask for and keep a copy of your child's immunization record for future purposes, for example college or career.

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)

The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is a national vaccine safety surveillance program co-sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

VAERS provides a nationwide mechanism by which adverse events following immunization may be reported analyzed, and made available to the public. VAERS also provides a vehicle for disseminating vaccine-safety-related information to parents and guardians, health care providers, vaccine manufacturers, state vaccine programs, and other constituencies.

You are obligated to report all vaccine adverse events online. Please select this link to go directly to VAERS.

CDC Apps (Apple and Android)


Page last updated: December 12, 2018