Immunization Patient Registry with Integrated Technology (ImmPRINT) is a statewide population-based information system for all children born in Alabama since January 1, 1993. Vaccine histories are also available for patients of all ages if they have been to a county health department or see a private provider enrolled in ImmPRINT.
ImmPRINT Enrollment Benefits
- Print only ADPH approved Certificate of Immunization
- See Vaccine Forecaster to ensure the best medical decision
- Run HL7 Reports to ensure all vaccine administered is transmitted
Questions a provider is supposed to ask their EHR vendor prior to picking an EHR:
- Has the EHR passed Testing and signed DSA with ImmPRINT?
- Does the EHR product has bidirectional functionality?
- ImmPRINT requires real time transmission, what is the estimated time lag for data transmission?
- If needed, can the EHR transmit all the vaccine records present in the EHR prior to the interface setup?
- HL7 Interface Checklist for Providers
Healthcare Providers: Be the Boss of Your EHR!
- Providers pay their vendors for their EHR (Electronic Health Record).
- Provider/staff must verify what their vendor is doing or not doing.
- Provider/staff is the only entity that can ensure its vendor's compliance.
- IMM will support providers/staff to "Be the Boss" by scheduling a three-way conference call with the provider, the vendor, and the ImmPRINT staff. To schedule a conference call, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Be the Boss" Flyer
Alabama Department of Public Health
Immunization Patient Resources with Integrated Technology (ImmPRINT)
Declaration of Readiness for Modified Stage 2 and Stage 3 Meaningful Use (MU)
ImmPRINT accepts electronic immunization data submissions from Eligible Professionals’ (EPs) and Eligible Hospitals’ (EHs) certified electronic health record (EHR), to fulfill the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program and the MIPS Advancing Care Information Quality Payment Program for Public Health MU Reporting Objective - Immunization Registry Reporting.
Therefore, no Alabama EPs or EHs administering vaccines can receive exclusion to the Public Health Reporting MU Objective- Immunization Registry Reporting.
ImmPRINT accepts MU Exchange Standards listed below:
· MU Stage 2 HL7 Version 2.5.1
· MU Stage 3 HL7 Version 2.5.1
ImmPRINT currently is accepting Query/Response, Acknowledgement Messages, and National Drug Codes (NDC) for encountered vaccines. By 01/01/2018, ImmPRINT will implement the CDC HL7 2.5.1 Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.5 and Addendum.
- ImmPRINT Login
- Onboarding Roadmap
- HL7 Master Guide
- HL7 Error Guide
- ADPH Security Portal
- Onboarding Letter
- Switching Vendor Guidelines
- Data Sharing Agreement
ADPH has been requested by Alabama providers statewide to supply the list of EHR vendors who have signed the Data Sharing Agreement (DSA) for HL7 onboarding. ADPH is not endorsing any vendors, but simply providing the requested list. Since September 2016, the following vendors have signed the DSA and established unidirectional or bidirectional interface. Please click here to view the list.
Enhancements are scheduled to be implemented on the first Friday of each month. Please click on the link below to see the new enhancements.
- Steps to Assigning Students Manually in ImmPRINT (for School Nurses)
- Steps to Assigning Students by Spreadsheet
- Example of ADPH approved COI printed from ImmPRINT.
- Exchange of Immunization Information and Operation of the Alabama Immunization Registry
- State Law Governing Exchange of Immunization Data
- Immunization data can be shared with other immunization data users, schools, day care, etc., without the patient's permission, to learn more see HIPAA Letter.
- Vaccine Coverage Rate Report Flyer
Page last updated: March 22, 2019