Code of Alabama Section 22-11D-2
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) BOARD. The State Board of Health.
(2) COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM. A radio and land line network complying with the board's rules and which provides rapid public access, coordinated central dispatching of services, and coordination of personnel, equipment, and facilities in the trauma and health system.
(3) COUNCIL. The Statewide Trauma and Health System Advisory Council.
(4) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Public Health.
(5) DESIGNATION. A formal determination by the department that a hospital is capable of providing designated trauma or other specific health care as authorized by this chapter.
(6) EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICE. The organization responding to a perceived individual's need for immediate medical care in order to prevent loss of life or aggravbation of physiological or psychological illness or injury.
(7) HEALTH CARE CENTER. A hospital that voluntarily participates in a statewide health system and that has been designated as a health care center pursuant to the rules of the board.
(8) REGIONAL COUNCILS. The regional trauma advisory councils.
(9) TRAUMA CENTER. A hospital that voluntarily participates in the statewide trauma system and that has been designatred as a trauma center pursuant to the rules of the board.
Act 2007-299, p. 541, § 2; Act 2012-526, p. 1556, § 1.
Page last updated: April 13, 2017