Font Size:

Contact Us

ADPH Street Address

The RSA Tower
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, AL 36104

ADPH Postal Address

P.O. Box 303017
Montgomery, AL 36130-3017

Hours of Operation

Central Office: Weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
County Health Departments: Weekdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. in most locations
Please check with your local health department.

Table of Contents

Free Communication Assistance

The Alabama Department of Public Health offers free communication assistance to all clients. Free communication assistance is the use of an interpreter or other communication services to assist the participant to effectively communicate with bilingual staff. Learn more.

Hotlines and Toll-Free Numbers

General Information: 1-800-252-1818, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

CDC-INFO: 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636), TTY: 1-888-232-6348, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET

ALL Kids Children's Health Insurance Program: 1-888-373-KIDS (5437)

Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage, Divorce Certificates): (334) 206-5418

Alabama Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program: 1-877-252-3324

Alabama Tobacco Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669)

Bureau of Home and Community Services: 1-800-225-9770

Complaint Line - Assisted Living Facilities: 1-866-873-0366

Complaint Line - Health Care Facilities: 1-800-356-9596

Complaint Line - Home Health and Hospice Agencies: 1-800-356-9596

Emergency Preparedness Information: 1-866-264-4073

Family Health Services: 1-800-654-1385 (This number serves the following programs: Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, Family Planning, Office of Women's Health, Oral Health, and the State Perinatal Program.)

Hepatitis Information: 1-800-338-8374

HIV/AIDS Hotline: 1-800-228-0469

Immunization: 1-800-469-4599

Indoor Lead: 1-800-819-7644

Infectious Diseases & Outbreaks: 1-800-338-8374

Minority Health: 1-800-255-1992

National STD Hotline: 1-800-227-8922

Office of Radiation Control: 1-800-582-1866

Plan First: 1-888-737-2083

Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP): 1-877-703-9869

Primary Care and Rural Health: 1-800-255-1992

Suicide Prevention: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

WIC: 1-888-WIC-HOPE (942-4673)

Email Us!

Before you email, please read:

To order an Alabama birth, death, marriage, or divorce certificate, go to your local Alabama county health department, mail your request, or order online. Questions? Visit Vital Records.

To make a complaint on a food or lodging establishment, tattoo facility, or other environmental condition, visit Environmental Complaints.

If you need to obtain a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card, you will need to make your request providing ALL of the following information: full name, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), phone number with area code, complete mailing address, and location where vaccines were provided via email: [email protected], by telephone: (334) 206-5100, or by contacting an Alabama county health department if COVID-19 vaccines were received in Alabama.


Thank you for your inquiry to the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH). For your security, please do not include personal identification and/or financial information (such as social security numbers, names and addresses of minors, bank account, and/or credit card numbers) on the submission form below.

In the event you do not see a submission form on this page, please check back at a later time. We make every effort to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner, however, if you need immediate assistance, please call 1-800-252-1818 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.), excluding state holidays. We look forward to assisting you.


Public Health Emergency

To report a public health emergency after normal business hours, weekends or holidays, contact the ADPH Center for Emergency Preparedness (CEP) at 1-866-264-4073.

Page last updated: April 13, 2023