Where Making a Difference Comes with the Job Description
How to Apply for a Social Worker Position at ADPH
Public health social work jobs are available in every county. Continuous job announcements are available at the State Personnel Department of Alabama. Click on the classifications below to view the job descriptions with salary ranges.
- Public Health Social Worker I
- Public Health Social Worker II
- Public Health Social Worker III
- Public Health Social Worker IV
Benefits of Working with the ADPH Social Work Program
- Annual Leave - 13 days per year during the first five years of employment
- Sick Leave - 13 days per year
- Holidays - 12 paid holidays per year
- Longevity Bonus - After 5 years: $300 per year, increasing by $100 each 5th year up to a maximum of $600 per year
- Personal Leave Day - 1 per year
- Educational Opportunities - Continuing Education seminars, conferences, etc.
- Insurance - Individual health, dental and optical insurance is provided to each state employee. Dependent health coverage may be purchased through this plan.
- Retirement - One of the nation’s best retirement programs with provisions for disability retirement.
Page last updated: April 11, 2017