How to Apply
1. Call your local county health department.
2. Call toll-free at 1-888-942-4673 for the agency closest to you.
To qualify, you must:
- Meet income requirements;
- Be a resident of Alabama; and
- Be seen by a health professional at the WIC clinic.
If you think you may qualify, please call your local county health department to make an appointment.
At the WIC appointment, you will need to bring:
- Person applying for WIC (You, Infant, Child(ren))
- Proof of identification for parent/caretaker AND person applying for WIC (a driver's license, birth certificate, hospital birth card)
- Proof of residence (a document with your street address on it, such as a lease or bill)
- Proof of enrollment in Medicaid, SNAP or Family Assistance or Proof of current household income. Proof of income must include documentation of income for everyone that is working in the household during the past 30 days i.e. weekly pay (4 paycheck stubs), bi-weekly (2 paycheck stubs), monthly (1 paycheck stub).
Once the above is documented, you will be evaluated for a nutritional risk which is the other main qualifying factor in determining benefit eligibility for pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children under five.
Note: You may use the WIC PreScreening Tool to see if you might be eligible for WIC.
Please call 1-888-942-4673 to obtain further information.
Page last updated: December 17, 2019