The First Step in Quality Nutrition Services
Value Enhanced Nutrion Assessment (VENA) was developed jointly by the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) and the National WIC Association (NWA) and is part of the larger Revitalizing Quality Nutrition Service (RQNS) in WIC initiative. The VENA guidance provides a process for completing a comprehensive WIC nutrition assessment and an outline of the necessary staff competencies.
For more information, including an executive summary, the VENA Guidance Document, frequently asked questions, the VENA Information for WIC Program Managers Brochure, and the VENA Information for WIC Nutrition Staff Brochure, visit WIC Works Learning Center.
WIC Provider Resources
- Self Assessment Checklist
- VENA Views Acknowledgement
- Circle Charts
- VENA Views Volume 1 - September 2009
- VENA Views Volume 2 - November 2009
- VENA Views Volume 3 - January 2010
- VENA Views Volume 4 - May 2010
Page last updated: January 7, 2020